Tax Preparation & Planning
Our World-Class Tax Preparation & Planning Services
Whether you’re deciding if you should purchase a new business, need help in establishing a results-driven business strategy, or just want to ensure that no funds are being unnecessarily lost, Steven Lissner & Company is here to assist your business through every step of the financial growth process.
Here’s What You Get With Steven Lissner CPA & Company
We will check your tax return multiple times to ensure that no potential problems arise prior to final submission. Once final approval has been confirmed, your tax return will be filed electronically to ensure a quicker refund.
Ongoing guidance on how to limit your tax liability and maximize your returns
Then, our team will continue to provide you with guidance on ways that you can receive additional deductions in order to limit your tax liability and maximize your returns. We will also provide you with a list of regularly overlooked tax deductions so you can be prepared and optimize your spending for the year. A further breakdown of our tax services includes:
Preparing your own income tax return can be a task that leaves you with more questions than answers. According to a study released by the US Government’s General Accounting Office, most taxpayers (77% of 71 million taxpayers) believe they benefited from using a professional tax preparer.
Whether we like it or not, today’s tax laws are so complicated that filing a relatively simple return can be confusing. It is just too easy to overlook deductions and credits to which you are entitled. Even if you use a computer software program there’s no substitute for the assistance of an experienced tax professional.
At our Mountain Lakes, NJ CPA firm, we can ensure that you receive optimal tax preparation services throughout Morris County!
Here’s what you get…
- Your tax return will be checked and rechecked by our computer software identifying potential problems the IRS may look at more closely and reviewing the math to limit IRS contacts.
- Your tax return can be filed electronically so you will get a refund back quicker.
- Our staff will show you how to adjust your payroll withholding to get more money back each week. Why give the IRS an interest-free loan for up to 16 months.
- We will show you potential deductions to limit your tax liability for next year. In addition, we will give you a sheet of commonly overlooked deductions to limit the following year’s tax liability.
Are Your Books a Mess? No Problem!
If you own a small business and haven’t kept up your bookkeeping, don’t worry. We can help you. We’ll prepare your bookkeeping for the year, prepare a full Schedule C, as well as your personal income tax return. Then we’ll help you set up an easy system that allows you to keep your books in tip-top shape next year.
Planning is the key to successfully and legally reducing your tax liability. We go beyond tax compliance and proactively recommend tax-saving strategies to maximize your after-tax income.
At our Mountain Lakes CPA firm, we make it a priority to enhance our mastery of the current tax law, complex tax code, and new tax regulations by attending frequent tax seminars.
Businesses and individuals pay the lowest amount of taxes allowable by law because we continually look for ways to minimize your taxes throughout the year, not just at the end of the year.
We recommend Tax Saving Strategies that help you…
- grow and preserve assets by keeping Uncle Sam out of your pockets.
- defer income so you can keep your money now and pay less taxes later.
- reduce taxes on your income so you keep more of what you make.
- reduce taxes on your estate so your family keeps more of what you’ve made.
- reduce taxes on your gifts so you can give more.
- reduce taxes on your investments so you can grow your wealth faster.
- reduce taxes on your retirement distributions so you can retire in style.
Here’s just a few of the Tax Saving Strategies we use…
- Splitting income among several family members or legal entities in order to get more of the income taxed in the lower bracket.
- Shifting income or expenses from one year to another in order to have them fall where it will be taxed at a lower rate.
- Deferring tax liabilities through certain investment choices such as pension plans, contributions, and other similar plans.
- Using certain investments to produce income that is tax-exempt from either federal or state or both taxing entities.
- Finding tax deductions by structuring your money to pay for things you enjoy, such as a vacation home.
Remember, we work for you not for the IRS. Many of our clients save many times the fee in reduced tax liability through careful planning and legitimate tax strategies.
Are you having problems with the IRS?
We’re here to help you resolve your tax problems and put an end to the misery that the IRS can put you through. We pride ourselves on being very efficient, affordable, and of course, extremely discreet. The IRS problems will not just go away by themselves; they just keep getting worse with penalties and interest being added each day.
If you owe the IRS, you have a very serious problem. It may take the IRS several years to catch up to you, but they’re relentless and have no mercy in collecting all the money that is owed. When the collection process starts, they’ll make your life miserable and literally ruin all aspects of your life.
Need Help With Something More Specific?
In addition to planning your taxes, preparing all the documents, and sorting out any unforeseen issues, we also address the following tax-related issues:
- IRS Audit Representation
- Non-Filed Tax Returns
- Back Taxes Owed
- Payroll Tax Issues
- IRS Liens
- IRS Levies
- IRS Wage Garnishment
- IRS Seizures
- IRS Payment Plans
- Offer in Compromise
- Innocent Spouse Relief
- Obtaining Your IRS File
Essential Tax Documentation For Your Appointment
Ready for your tax preparation appointment? Download the following guide to ensure that you have all the paperwork that you need on your big day.